The aim of this course is to support foreign learners to acquire Turkish language proficiency C2 which is required to understand with ease practically everything they hear or read, and express themselves with the same degree of spontaneity as native Turkish speakers.
What will I learn in this course?
It is aimed that all participating learners will have a good command of using the Turkish language upon the completion of the program. To this end, our B1level Turkish Teaching Program is well-tailored to equip all individual learners with comprehensive knowledge and skills. Upon the completion of the program, you will be able to:
· Understanding any kind of spoken language provided you have some time to get familiar with the accent (Listening)
· Read with ease virtually all forms of the written language, including abstract, structurally, or linguistically complex texts such as manuals, specialized articles, and literary works. (Reading)
· Take part effortlessly in any conversation, or discussion and have a
· good familiarity with idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms; and express yourself fluently (Spoken interaction)
· Present a clear, and smoothly-flowing description, or argument which helps the recipient to notice and remember significant points (spoken production)
· Write clear, smoothly-flowing text in an appropriate style, complex letters, reports or articles, and reviews of professional or literary works. (Writing)
Why should I take this course?
· To be able to improve reading skills to the most advanced level in the Turkish language.
· To be able to improve listening skills to the most advanced level in the Turkish language.
· To be able to improve writing skills to the most advanced level in the Turkish language.
· To be able to improve speaking skills to the most advanced level in the Turkish language.
· To facilitate everything concerning your living in a country where the native language is Turkish.
· To be able to meet your school/university admission requirements
· To be able to meet your employment requirements
Who should take this course?
Level C2 corresponds to the most advanced level of all previous Turkish language levels. C2 Level Turkish is often required by employers and in academic settings
· Anyone willing to study or work in a native Turkish-speaking country.
Duration and Level of the Program
The total education period of the C2 Level Turkish Language Teaching Program for Foreigners has been designed as a 3-month training program corresponding to 96 hours.
Course day and time
Courses will be held on days and times to be decided jointly with the instructor.
*Instructor, course days, and hours may vary.
Funda Gezer was born in March 1975 in Nicosia. In 1998, she graduated from the Department of English Language and Literature at the Faculty of Letters, Ankara University. In the same year, she completed her Master’s Degree in Applied Linguistics: Sociocultural Approaches at Goldsmiths College, University of London. During her Master’s Degree, she worked as a volunteer assistant to the director of the College of North East London. Also, she worked as a translator for a major project at Queen Mary College, University of London. After completing her Master’s degree, she did TEFL course at Teacher Training International Scool and returned to Cyprus in 2001. As soon as she returned to Cyprus, she started to work as a lecturer at the Department of English Language Teaching, Near East University. She started her PhD studies at King’s College, University of London in 2008 and continued her doctoral studies at the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Near East University. In November 2018, she received her Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction and gained the academic title of “doctor”. In July 2019, she received the academic title of Assistant Professor again from the Department of Curriculum and Instruction. In September 2012, she began lecturing in other departments of the Faculty of Education. In October 2012, she was appointed as the Deputy Head of the Philosophy Group Teaching. She carried on her duty till February 2018. From February 2018 to June 2019, she took part in the Classroom Teaching Department. In July 2019, she was appointed as the Director of the Turkish Preparatory School and Coordinator of Turkish Lessons for Foreigners. Since September 2019, she has been directing the Turkish Preparatory School and coordinating the Turkish lessons for foreigners and lecturing in the departments of Translation and Interpreting, English Language and Literature and English Language Teaching. In June 2011, she took part in the organizing committee of the 1st International English Language Teaching Conference organized by the Department of English Language Teaching at the Near East University. Funda Gezer who is a member of the Cyprus Educational Sciences Association, has articles published in journals indexed in international scientific indexes and papers presented in international scientific conferences.
Turkish as a Second Language - C2 Level
No Review found