The aim of this course is to support foreigners to acquire Turkish language proficiency level B1+ (CEFR), which corresponds to the level of fluency required to communicate without effort with those whose native language is Turkish.
What will I
learn in this course?
The aim is for all participating learners to have a good command of the Turkish language upon the completion of the program. To this end, our Turkish as a second language B1 level course is tailored to equip all individual learners with comprehensive knowledge and skills. Upon the completion of the program, you will be able to:
· Understand straightforward factual information about common everyday or job-related topics, identifying both general messages and specific details, provided speech is clearly articulated in a generally familiar accent
· Understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar issues regularly encountered in work, school, or leisure activities
· Read straightforward factual texts on subjects related to your field and field of interest with a satisfactory level of comprehension
· Communicate with some confidence on familiar routine and non-routine matters related to your interests and professional field
· Exchange information, deal with less routine situations and explain why something is a problem
· Express your thoughts on more abstract, cultural topics
· Participate in a conversation on familiar topics, express personal opinions, and exchange information on topics of personal interest, or pertinent to everyday life
· Reasonably and fluently present a straightforward description of one of a variety of subjects within your field of interest
· Write personal letters describing experiences, feelings, and events in some detail
Write notes conveying simple information of immediate relevance to your friends, service people, teachers, and others who feature in your everyday life comprehensibly conveying the points you consider important
Why should I take this course?
· To be able to improve reading skills in the Turkish language.
· To be able to improve listening skills in the Turkish language.
· To be able to improve writing skills in the Turkish language.
· To be able to improve speaking skills in the Turkish language.
· To facilitate everything concerning your living in a country where the native language is Turkish.
Who should take this course?
Foreign students, as well as foreign nationals working in the country
Duration and Level of the Program
The total education period of the Turkish as a second language B1 level course has been designed as a 3-month training program corresponding to 96 hours.
Course day and time
Courses will be held on days and times to be decided jointly with the instructor.
*Instructor, course days, and hours may vary.
Funda Gezer was born in March 1975 in Nicosia. In 1998, she graduated from the Department of English Language and Literature at the Faculty of Letters, Ankara University. In the same year, she completed her Master’s Degree in Applied Linguistics: Sociocultural Approaches at Goldsmiths College, University of London. During her Master’s Degree, she worked as a volunteer assistant to the director of the College of North East London. Also, she worked as a translator for a major project at Queen Mary College, University of London. After completing her Master’s degree, she did TEFL course at Teacher Training International Scool and returned to Cyprus in 2001. As soon as she returned to Cyprus, she started to work as a lecturer at the Department of English Language Teaching, Near East University. She started her PhD studies at King’s College, University of London in 2008 and continued her doctoral studies at the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Near East University. In November 2018, she received her Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction and gained the academic title of “doctor”. In July 2019, she received the academic title of Assistant Professor again from the Department of Curriculum and Instruction. In September 2012, she began lecturing in other departments of the Faculty of Education. In October 2012, she was appointed as the Deputy Head of the Philosophy Group Teaching. She carried on her duty till February 2018. From February 2018 to June 2019, she took part in the Classroom Teaching Department. In July 2019, she was appointed as the Director of the Turkish Preparatory School and Coordinator of Turkish Lessons for Foreigners. Since September 2019, she has been directing the Turkish Preparatory School and coordinating the Turkish lessons for foreigners and lecturing in the departments of Translation and Interpreting, English Language and Literature and English Language Teaching. In June 2011, she took part in the organizing committee of the 1st International English Language Teaching Conference organized by the Department of English Language Teaching at the Near East University. Funda Gezer who is a member of the Cyprus Educational Sciences Association, has articles published in journals indexed in international scientific indexes and papers presented in international scientific conferences.
Turkish as a Second Language - B1 Level
No Review found